- Past Exhibitions
- 2008: Antique Chinese Porcelains from Eight Dynasties (206 BCE to 1912)
- 2009: Will Barnet Prints / Gerson Leiber Watercolors
- 2010: Japanese Woodblock Prints from the Leiber Collection
- 2011: DRAWINGS DRAWINGS DRAWINGS: Recent Works on Paper by Gerson Leiber
- 2012-2013 Judith Leiber – An American Journey : From Artisan To Fashion Icon
- 2014-2015: THE MARRIAGE OF TRUE MINDS ~ GERSON AND JUDITH LEIBER
- 2016 Two Exhibitions: Gerson and Judith Leiber
- 2020 – The Garden of Friends
- Past Exhibitions
- Judith Leiber
- Gerson Leiber
- The Garden
Since opening to the public in 2008, the Leiber Collection has mounted unique exhibitions and extraordinary events. The Collection is open to the public on Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays from 1-4pm and we give private and group tours at other times by appointment. We open with new exhibitions every Memorial Day Weekend Saturday from 2 – 5pm and are now thrilled to be open until May 1 of the following year when we close for installation.
2012 and 2013 JudithLeiber – An American Journey – From Artisan to Fashion Icon
Some exciting collaborations:
The Leiber Collection’s Garden of Friends and Neighbors
East Hampton, NY – July 2020 – The Leiber Collection is thrilled to announce that their museum and gardens are now open with two exciting exhibitions on display.
Garden As Muse, on view in the museum galleries, features Gerson Leiber’s magnificent paintings inspired by his beloved gardens that can be found throughout the Leiber property, and Judith Leiber’s dazzling designs that are inspired by the gardens and more.
The Garden of Friends, on display in The Leiber Collection Sculpture and Shade Gardens includes a group of some of the East End’s most talented artists, Philippe Cheng, Peter Dayton, Pipi Deer, Jeremy Dennis, Conrad de Kwiatkowski, Saskia Friedrich, Jeremy Grosvenor, Jill Musnicki, Toni Ross, Bastienne Schmidt, Christine Sciulli, Bill Stewart and Almond Zigmund.
The idea for this new outdoor exhibit was born to honor the spirit of Judith and Gerson Leiber and their permanent collection, always on display in the Sculpture Garden, which includes works by their dear friends and neighbors such as Bill King, Constantine Nivola, Hans Van de Bovencamp, George Nama, Ronnie Chalif and others.
The Garden of Friends embodies Judith and Gerson Leiber’s lifelong commitment to supporting the arts and helps us feel more connected to one another through Art while we are physically distanced in order to protect the health of our community.
Ann Fristoe Stewart, Director and Curator of The Leiber Collection says “Even though we must stay distant from our friends and neighbors right now, we can all feel more connected to one another through Art.”
Due to NY State Covid-19 guidelines all visitors must wear a mask or face covering and social distance at all times.
The Leiber Collection is located at 446 Old Stone Highway in the East Hampton hamlet of Springs, NY. The Collection is free and open to the public from 1 PM to 4 PM every Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday, and at other times by appointment. For more information visit the website at www.leibercollection.org or email email@example.com
Ma’s House (Shinnecock Indian Reservation, Southampton, NY) – July 2021
Please join us in a small, social-distance (+mask required) gathering in support of ‘Ma’s House Project’ by artist Jeremy Dennis and to enjoy artwork by local East End Artists on September 8th, 2020 at 1-4 pm.
The event will feature a small outdoor market of crafts & artwork by Shinnecock tribal artisans along with sculptures and installations by local artists Jill Musnicki, Pipi Deer, Christine Sciulli, Bill Stewart, Peter Dayton, Philippe Cheng, Bastienne Schmidt, Conrad de Kwiatkowski & others.
The event is in association with The Leiber Collection in East Hampton which currently features the exhibit ‘The Garden of Friends’ from July 15 – Sept 16.
Located at ‘Ma’s House’ on the Shinnecock Indian Reservation in Southampton New York at 159 Old Point Road (Follow the yellow signs!) Ma’s House is a new art space that will primarily support black and indigenous artists.
159 Old Point Road, Southampton, New York
Masks & Social Distance Required!
MFA Pennsylvania State University
P.O. Box 479Southampton, NY 11968
The Leiber Collection 446 Old Stone Highway East Hampton, NY 11937 631-329-3288 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.leibercollection.org
- Back To The Garden - Portray Magazine
- FIU News – Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU to launch Judith Leiber: Master Craftsman
- Christie’s – The best museums for handbag collectors
- Long Island Weekly – New Nassau County Museum of Art Exhibition Highlights All Four Seasons
- Newsday – ‘The Seasons’ is in full bloom at Nassau County Museum of Art
- New York Post - The WWII love story behind NYC’s sparkliest handbags
- New York Magazine - Hillary Clinton and Sex and the City Loved These Rhinestone Purses
- WAG Magazine - Celebrating the Creativity of Judith Leiber
- Dexigner - Judith Leiber: Crafting a New York Story
- East Hampton Star - Leiber Handbags Celebrated at the Museum of Arts and Design
- Hadassah Magazine - Judith Leiber: All in the Bag
- Couture Notebook, "Judith Leiber: Crafting a New York Story” with Crystal Minaudières
NO MERE BAGATELLES, the story of Holocaust survivor and handbag design genius Judith Leiber and modernist artist Gerson Leiber, has just been published. Read more here.