- Exhibitions and Events
- Past Exhibitions
- 2008: Antique Chinese Porcelains from Eight Dynasties (206 BCE to 1912)
- 2009: Will Barnet Prints / Gerson Leiber Watercolors
- 2010: Japanese Woodblock Prints from the Leiber Collection
- 2011: DRAWINGS DRAWINGS DRAWINGS: Recent Works on Paper by Gerson Leiber
- 2012-2013 Judith Leiber – An American Journey : From Artisan To Fashion Icon
- 2014-2015: THE MARRIAGE OF TRUE MINDS ~ GERSON AND JUDITH LEIBER
- 2016 Two Exhibitions: Gerson and Judith Leiber
- 2020 – The Garden of Friends
- Past Exhibitions
- Judith Leiber
- Gerson Leiber
- The Garden
This is the final weekend
to see works by Judith and Gerson Leiber
and Garden of Friends Artists
at Kathryn Markel Gallery in
Judith and Gerson Leiber with Artists:
2418 Montauk Highway in Bridgehampton, NY Saturday, February 3 – Sunday, February 25.
Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 11 am – 4 pm, or at other times by texting 917-885-0626 or by firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time.
It’s also the final weekend
to see Gerson Leiber in a fabulous
exhibition at The Church in Sag Harbor
For more information, click HERE.
On View In The Museum Galleries:
Glamour, Whimsy and Awe ~
60 Years of Judith Leiber’s
Celebrating the 60th anniversary of Judith and Gerson’s founding of Judith Leiber Handbags, Inc. This exhibition highlights over 500 of Judith’s brilliant and iconic designs plus a selection of Gerson’s magnificent fashion paintings that were sold in the showroom alongside the handbags!
To reserve a timed ticket for your group, please click HERE.
(Open through April 30, 2024)
On View In the Sculpture Garden:
Our Permanent Collection
With artists that were friends and neighbors of Judith and Gerson such as George Nama, Hans van de Bovenkamp, Bill King, Constantino Nivola, and others, as well as contemporary artists such as Almond Zigmund, Philippe Cheng, Margaret Garrett, Chris Kelly, Bastienne Schmidt, Monica Banks and others.
And a Special Installation by Monica Banks
Sweet ~ A Collaboration with Birds
“Watching birds evokes the same ineffable feelings in me as looking at great art or listening to great music. I am honored to join together with my avian friends in my current body of work, Sweet: A Collaboration with Birds. For this project I have created porcelain cakes, plates, and teacups that hold seed and water, and installed them outside on bistro tables, where birds swoop in to feed, drink, socialize and argue, creating a kind of performance piece. Since birds are uninhibited even when people are around, I often leave a camera to film them for hours at a time, and the videos and individual frames become part of the project. This ongoing dialogue with birds is a joyful, exuberant exploration of process and documentation.”
The museum and sculpture garden are open Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 1 – 4PM and at other times by appointment. Come visit and enjoy!
To schedule Private or Group Tours email email@example.com
To reserve timed tickets to enter the museum, please click HERE.
In 2005, Gerson and Judith Leiber built a gallery to house their works of art and to chronicle their careers, offering an unparalleled retrospective of their creations over the past many decades.
The Leiber Collection, a magnificent Renaissance-styled Palladian structure, sits majestically in a sublime sculpture garden designed by Gerson Leiber. Considered by many to be the best-kept secret of the Hamptons, you are in for a real treat as you explore the exquisite jewel of a museum and meander through the charming and magical garden.
The Collection is open on Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays from 1 – 4pm and at other times for private or group tours by appointment. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for private tour reservations.
For more information phone (631) 329-3288 or email email@example.com.
The Leiber Collection is located at 446 Old Stone Highway in the East Hampton hamlet of Springs, New York. Click here for Directions.
- Back To The Garden - Portray Magazine
- FIU News – Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU to launch Judith Leiber: Master Craftsman
- Christie’s – The best museums for handbag collectors
- Long Island Weekly – New Nassau County Museum of Art Exhibition Highlights All Four Seasons
- Newsday – ‘The Seasons’ is in full bloom at Nassau County Museum of Art
- New York Post - The WWII love story behind NYC’s sparkliest handbags
- New York Magazine - Hillary Clinton and Sex and the City Loved These Rhinestone Purses
- WAG Magazine - Celebrating the Creativity of Judith Leiber
- Dexigner - Judith Leiber: Crafting a New York Story
- East Hampton Star - Leiber Handbags Celebrated at the Museum of Arts and Design
- Hadassah Magazine - Judith Leiber: All in the Bag
- Couture Notebook, "Judith Leiber: Crafting a New York Story” with Crystal Minaudières
NO MERE BAGATELLES, the story of Holocaust survivor and handbag design genius Judith Leiber and modernist artist Gerson Leiber, has just been published. Read more here.