- Past Exhibitions
- 2008: Antique Chinese Porcelains from Eight Dynasties (206 BCE to 1912)
- 2009: Will Barnet Prints / Gerson Leiber Watercolors
- 2010: Japanese Woodblock Prints from the Leiber Collection
- 2011: DRAWINGS DRAWINGS DRAWINGS: Recent Works on Paper by Gerson Leiber
- 2012-2013 Judith Leiber – An American Journey : From Artisan To Fashion Icon
- 2014-2015: THE MARRIAGE OF TRUE MINDS ~ GERSON AND JUDITH LEIBER
- 2016 Two Exhibitions: Gerson and Judith Leiber
- Past Exhibitions
- Judith Leiber
- Gerson Leiber
- The Garden
We are thrilled to announce that The Leiber Collection Museum and Gardens will reopen to the public today, Wednesday, July 15, 2020, from 1 – 4pm. Remember to wear your mask or facecovering and maintain a 6 ft. distance between yourself and guests not residing in your household. Entry into the garden is on a first come basis and entry into the museum is by timed ticket reservations through Eventbrite. Read our Health and safety protocol here.
The Leiber Collection welcomes you for two exciting exhibitions!
Garden As Muse, on view in the museum galleries, features Gerson Leiber’s magnificent paintings inspired by his beloved gardens that flourish throughout the Leiber property, and Judith Leiber’s dazzling designs that are inspired by the garden and more.
The Garden of Friends exhibition can be found in The Leiber Collection Sculpture Garden and includes a group of some of the East End’s most talented artists, Philippe Cheng, Peter Dayton, Pipi Deer, Jeremy Dennis, Conrad de Kwiatkowski, Saskia Friedrich, Jeremy Grosvenor, Jill Musnicki, Toni Ross, Bastienne Schmidt, Christine Scuilli, Bill Stewart and Almond Zigmund.
The idea for this new outdoor exhibit was born to honor the spirit of Judith and Gerson Leiber and their permanent collection always on display in the Sculpture Garden, which includes works by their dear friends and neighbors such as Bill King, Constantine Nivola, Hans Van De Bovencamp, George Nama, Ronnie Chalif and others.
The Garden of Friends embodies Judith and Gerson Leiber’s lifelong commitment to supporting the arts and helps us feel more connected to one another through Art while we are physically distanced in order to protect the health of our community.
In order to combat the spread of Covid-19 safety measures are in place. Please read our Health and Safety Protocol found here before you arrive. The Leiber Collection Gardens will allow a limited number of guests to enter on a first come first serve basis. Entry into the Leiber Collection Museum Galleries requires timed tickets allowing groups of up to 6 people living in the same household to enter every 20 minutes. Please feel free to meander around the gardens and enjoy ‘The Garden Of Friends’ Exhibition until your reserved time to enter the museum. Get your tickets here.
In 2005, Gerson and Judith Leiber built a gallery to house their works of art and to chronicle their careers, offering an unparalleled retrospective of their creations over the past many decades.
The Leiber Collection, a magnificent Renaissance styled Palladian edifice, sits majestically in a sublime sculpture garden that borders six additional gardens, each designed by Gerson Leiber, in a style befitting the local geography. Considered by many to be the best kept secret of the Hamptons, you are in for a real treat as you peruse the exquisite jewel of a museum and explore the charming and magical gardens.
For further information phone (631) 329-3288 or email email@example.com.
The Leiber Collection is located at 446 Old Stone Highway in the East Hampton hamlet of Springs, New York. Click here for Directions.
- FIU News – Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU to launch Judith Leiber: Master Craftsman
- Christie’s – The best museums for handbag collectors
- Long Island Weekly – New Nassau County Museum of Art Exhibition Highlights All Four Seasons
- Newsday – ‘The Seasons’ is in full bloom at Nassau County Museum of Art
- New York Post - The WWII love story behind NYC’s sparkliest handbags
- New York Magazine - Hillary Clinton and Sex and the City Loved These Rhinestone Purses
- WAG Magazine - Celebrating the Creativity of Judith Leiber
- Dexigner - Judith Leiber: Crafting a New York Story
- East Hampton Star - Leiber Handbags Celebrated at the Museum of Arts and Design
- Hadassah Magazine - Judith Leiber: All in the Bag
- Couture Notebook, "Judith Leiber: Crafting a New York Story” with Crystal Minaudières
NO MERE BAGATELLES, the story of Holocaust survivor and handbag design genius Judith Leiber and modernist artist Gerson Leiber, has just been published. Read more here.