- Past Exhibitions
- 2012-2013 Judith Leiber – An American Journey : From Artisan To Fashion Icon
- 2008: Antique Chinese Porcelains from Eight Dynasties (206 BCE to 1912)
- 2009: Will Barnet Prints / Gerson Leiber Watercolors
- 2010: Japanese Woodblock Prints from the Leiber Collection
- 2011: DRAWINGS DRAWINGS DRAWINGS: Recent Works on Paper by Gerson Leiber
- Past Exhibitions
- Judith Leiber
- Gerson Leiber
- The Garden
In 2005, Gerson and Judith Leiber built a gallery to house their works of art and to chronicle their careers, offering an unparalleled retrospective of their creations over the past many decades.
The Leiber Collection, a magnificent Renaissance styled Palladian edifice, sits majestically in a sublime sculpture garden that borders six additional gardens, each designed by Gerson Leiber, in a style befitting the local geography. Considered by many to be the best kept secret of the Hamptons, you are in for a real treat as you peruse the exquisite jewel of a museum and explore the charming gardens.
There will be no opening party this year; however, at a date to be announced, there will be a celebration of the lives of Gerson and Judith Leiber, who died five hours apart on April 28, 2018.
Starting May 26, 2018 (Memorial Day weekend), the Leiber Collection will be open to the public on Saturdays, Sundays, and Wednesdays from 1 PM to 4 PM, through Labor Day. The Collection includes iconic handbags designed by Judith Leiber and paintings by Gerson Leiber. Visitors are also welcomed to tour the surrounding sculpture garden.
For further information phone (631) 329-3288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Leiber Collection is located at 446 Old Stone Highway in the East Hampton hamlet of Springs, New York. Click here for Directions.
The Leiber Collection is free and open to the public from Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day on Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays from 1 – 4pm, and at other times for group tours by appointment. For further information phone (631) 329-3288 or email: email@example.com
Art League of Long Island: Passion for Fashion Exhibit
- New York Post - The WWII love story behind NYC’s sparkliest handbags
- New York Magazine - Hillary Clinton and Sex and the City Loved These Rhinestone Purses
- WAG Magazine - Celebrating the Creativity of Judith Leiber
- Dexigner - Judith Leiber: Crafting a New York Story
- East Hampton Star - Leiber Handbags Celebrated at the Museum of Arts and Design
- Hadassah Magazine - Judith Leiber: All in the Bag
- Couture Notebook, "Judith Leiber: Crafting a New York Story” with Crystal Minaudières
NO MERE BAGATELLES, the story of Holocaust survivor and handbag design genius Judith Leiber and modernist artist Gerson Leiber, has just been published. Read more here.