- Exhibitions and Events
- Past Exhibitions
- 2008: Antique Chinese Porcelains from Eight Dynasties (206 BCE to 1912)
- 2009: Will Barnet Prints / Gerson Leiber Watercolors
- 2010: Japanese Woodblock Prints from the Leiber Collection
- 2011: DRAWINGS DRAWINGS DRAWINGS: Recent Works on Paper by Gerson Leiber
- 2012-2013 Judith Leiber – An American Journey : From Artisan To Fashion Icon
- 2014-2015: THE MARRIAGE OF TRUE MINDS ~ GERSON AND JUDITH LEIBER
- 2016 Two Exhibitions: Gerson and Judith Leiber
- 2020 – The Garden of Friends
- Past Exhibitions
- Winter Garden ~ A Collaboration
- Judith Leiber
- Gerson Leiber
- The Garden
The Leiber Collection is thrilled to announce its upcoming exhibition in the Leiber Sculpture Garden, ‘Winter Garden – A Collaboration’, with artists Monica Banks, Philippe Cheng, Laurie Lambrecht, Jill Musnicki, Mamoun Nukumanu, and Bastienne Schmidt.
Exploring a garden in the winter a magical experience of space and light, like a meditative journey of sorts. Spending time in Nature offers a chance to slow down, to be still and quiet, to reflect and think, to be restored. There are beautiful things to hear and see, fresh air to breathe, dancing leaves to notice on the breeze. The bare branches above become a gestural drawing in the sky. There is a unique hush, a palpable quiet to calm the heart and mind.
The artists in this exhibition created site specific works that honor nature as a collaborative partner, working with and in the trees and their branches, with the newfound space, the magical light, the ever-changing wind, the intrepid birds and the deep quiet found in the winter garden.
Don’t let the cold keep you indoors! Come enjoy the Winter Garden with these extraordinary artists. Through March 19.
Artist reception is Saturday, December 17 from 1 – 4pm.
- Back To The Garden - Portray Magazine
- FIU News – Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU to launch Judith Leiber: Master Craftsman
- Christie’s – The best museums for handbag collectors
- Long Island Weekly – New Nassau County Museum of Art Exhibition Highlights All Four Seasons
- Newsday – ‘The Seasons’ is in full bloom at Nassau County Museum of Art
- New York Post - The WWII love story behind NYC’s sparkliest handbags
- New York Magazine - Hillary Clinton and Sex and the City Loved These Rhinestone Purses
- WAG Magazine - Celebrating the Creativity of Judith Leiber
- Dexigner - Judith Leiber: Crafting a New York Story
- East Hampton Star - Leiber Handbags Celebrated at the Museum of Arts and Design
- Hadassah Magazine - Judith Leiber: All in the Bag
- Couture Notebook, "Judith Leiber: Crafting a New York Story” with Crystal Minaudières
NO MERE BAGATELLES, the story of Holocaust survivor and handbag design genius Judith Leiber and modernist artist Gerson Leiber, has just been published. Read more here.